There's so much on the Intertubes that's inspiring and that has taught me how to think in new ways. I love the idea of the autodictact: someone who teaches him- or herself what they want to learn. With the Interwebs, you can learn pretty much whatever you want, anytime, anywhere. It's amazing. So maybe fire Netflix, and see what you can do with that (on average) extra 4 hours of time in the evening. Let me know what inspires you toward becoming a Human Being! And sign up below to be notified when I post something new. :)
Greatist: Explosive Bodyweight Exercises
Scott Sonnon: Flowing, restorative movement
Tensegrity: The movement patterns of the Mexican shamans
Westin A. Price Foundation: A very good way to eat
NaturalNews.com: Great natural health science and resources
Abraham-Hicks.com: One of my main sources of daily inspiration.
The Wayseer’s Manifesto: John LoPorto (a little "us vs. them," but he makes some great points)
David Icke (again, approach with caution, but much good info)
Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History: Powerful podcast
Christian Shorey’s Earth & Environmental Systems (available on iTunes)
Gut-Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) Diet: An important read on Dr. Mercola's website. I've been banned from the forums there for asking certain questions, but whatever. Still good info.
Dr. Keith Scott-Mumby: www.alternative-doctor.com
The Hendricks Institute: The soundest and best relationship advice you'll ever get anywhere.
The Work of Byron Katie: Profoundly useful information on changing how you relate to the world.
Ken Wilbur: Integral Life: Fascinating human science
- “I do not come to bring peace to the Earth. I come to put a sword in it!” –Jesus Christ
- “Ignorance is the root of all evil.” --?
- “The sorcerers' revolution is that they refuse to honor agreements in which they did not participate." --Carlos Castaneda
- “Work is love made visible.” –Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet
- “Patience is not passive. On the contrary: it is concentrated strength.” –Bruce Lee
- "The self-evident truth is that you are God. Your Godhead...is simply to be known, realized, and felt. You will have to practice in your own little Universe..." –Dr. Bhagat Singh Thind
- “Your soul purpose [i.e., your authentic life] is the place where your deep gladness meets the world’s deep need.” –citation?
- “The more I love myself, the more I love others with the overflow of that. So I don’t get drained. I’m a vessel into which love pours, spilling over from me into everyone around me.” –Anita Moorjani
- “The best measure of success is absolutely the amount of joy you feel on a daily basis.” –Abraham
- “We are as gods and may as well get used to it.” –opening words of the 1968 Whole Earth Catalog
- “All these things I can do, you can do also, and more.” --Jesus Christ (Matthew 25:29)
- “Whatever, man. I do what I want!” --Josh Talbott
- “Find the others.” –Timothy Leary
- "You can't do it fast with power until you learn how to do it slowly." --Randal Bodlak, Bayside Martial Arts
- “He swore that from that moment on, he would listen to nothing except his own experience, his own voice…. The money would eventually come. Whenever he thought of money first, disaster followed.” --from the story of Buckminster Fuller in Mastery (Robert Greene)
- “Our thoughts are forming the world.” –teabag
- “All that you want to be, you already are. All you have to do is move your awareness there and recognize the reality of your own Soul.” –John-Roger
- “Not many of us know what it’s like to become the perfect version of ourselves.” –Eddie Morra, Limitless
- “Behind your greatest fear lies your greatest gift. And your greatest gift will be the example you become.” – Notes from the Universe
- “The slower you go, the faster you go.” -- Erich Schiffmann, Moving into Stillness
See my extensive Spotify playlists under Amanda Parker Lambert